We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Controller to oversee our financial operations and ensure the accuracy of our financial reporting. The Controller will be responsible for managing our new in-house finance department, preparing financial statements, overseeing the budgeting process, and providing financial analysis and guidance to senior management.
This is the first hire for our in-house finance department which we expect to grow as operations expand nationwide. There is room for growth within the department as it evolves to meet demand, including career mapping toward the position of Finance Department Manager.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable management
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all financial transactions and records, and oversee the month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Oversee the budgeting and forecasting process, and work with department heads to develop and manage budgets
- Provide financial analysis and guidance to leadership, including variance analysis, trend analysis, and ad-hoc reporting
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations
- Work with external auditors and tax professionals to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage relationships with banks, lenders, and other financial institutions, and oversee the company’s cash management and treasury functions
- Monitor and analyze financial performance metrics, and provide regular updates and recommendations to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or financial management
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and make sound recommendations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and senior management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software such as Quickbooks or SAP
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment preferred
What We Offer:
- Extended health benefits
- Annual bonus commensurate with performance
- Remote work environment
The Controller is a key member of the Weed Pool and plays a critical role in ensuring the financial health and success of our organization. If you are a motivated and detail-oriented financial professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply!